For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller in respect of your personal data is SAVE Britain’s Heritage a registered charity (no. 269129) whose address is 70, Cowcross Street, London, EC1M 6EJ.
How will we use personal information?
The personal information we collect might include your name, date of birth, address, email address and telephone number. If you make a donation online or purchase a product from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
Your personal data will have been collected by us in the ways stated in the introduction and will be used for the purposes outlined at the time of collection in accordance with the preferences you expressed.
We will use this data for the following purposes:
- Administration of your subscription.
- Fulfilment of orders for goods ordered form us via third parties - such as Gift Aid, World Pay, Charities Aid Foundation Bank, Amazon, PayPal and Eventbrite.
- Administration of donations and legacies.
- Research and statistical analysis including social media and subscriptions.
- Communication about our campaigns, publications, events, subscriptions, fundraising and other activities that we think may be of interest to you by telephone, email and/or post (in accordance with your preferences).
If you subscribe to our email newsletter, we may notify you of information via post or email about our activities, events or products we think may be of interest to you, and how you can support us. SAVE will not share your details with anyone else without your consent or as required by law. In all cases where personal data is recorded, they will be stored securely.
If you do subscribe to our newsletter your name and email address are added to SAVE’s newsletter mailing list, which is managed via Mailchimp. Please note that Mailchimp may transfer personal data outside the EU. Please contact Mailchimp for more details about this.
Changing your preferences
We wish to ensure that you are completely happy with the personal data that we hold and how we use it. You can contact us at any time to check, update or amend your personal preferences. You can contact us by email at email@example.com, by post to SAVE Britain’s Heritage, 70, Cowcross Street, London, EC1M 6EJ or by telephone on 020 7253 3500. These amendments will take place within 28 days of receipt of your request.
We will hold your information only as long as is necessary for us to administer your subscription or subscription to our e-newsletter. If your subscription lapses we may contact you for up to two years afterwards about rejoining.
Accessing your personal data held by SAVE Britain’s Heritage
All data subjects have the right:
- To be informed about the collection and use of their personal data
- To access personal data held about them
- To rectification of the personal data
- To erasure - be forgotten
- To restrict processing, i.e. to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data
- To data portability
- To object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us in writing at the address below. If you request a copy of the personal data held about you, a copy will be sent to you as soon as possible but will not be later than 40 days after your request. If you are not happy with the way in which we have processed or dealt with your information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details about how to complain can be found here
SAVE Britain’s Heritage
70, Cowcross Street
Links to third party websites