Vacancy - SAVE is looking for a new fundraising and events officer
Fundraising and Events Officer
Salary: £28,000 per annum pro rata for 4 days per week
Location: Clerkenwell, central London
Contract: One year, with possibility of renewal. Three-month probation period.
SAVE Britain’s Heritage is a high profile independent charity that campaigns for historic buildings under threat from demolition or decay. SAVE is at the forefront of national heritage conservation. We stand apart from other organisations by bringing together architects, engineers, planners and investors to offer alternative proposals.
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual who is passionate about fundraising and has a strong interest in the heritage sector. We are a small, dynamic and friendly team, and this is an ideal post for someone who wants to help make a real difference to our historic built environment. The purpose of the role is to help the SAVE team build on our existing fundraising efforts, increase SAVE’s funding by expanding its base of Friends, Saviours and donors, expand our legacy work and identify grant giving bodies and foundations sympathetic to our aims.
Together with the Director and Executive President you will prepare grant applications, develop compelling cases for support based upon our existing and planned projects, and identify potential funders. You will develop and implement the fundraising strategy for increasing SAVE’s income streams both individuals and corporate, manage the donor database, develop and coordinate web-based fundraising. You will help devise, manage and promote fund raising events. You will coordinate publication advertising revenue.
We are looking for candidates with at least two years experience of fundraising or related roles, with great writing and research skills.
Essential Candidate Criteria:
- Highly organised, self-motivated and enthusiastic about the charity and the industry that supports us;
- Proven experience of successfully presenting a case with persuasion and passion;
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with other members of the SAVE team;
- Ability to think creatively and pro-actively about different approaches to fundraising;
- IT-literate with good numeracy skills and experience of managing budgets (Microsoft Word, Excel, databases and HTML);
- Excellent communication and people skills;
- Outstanding writing and research skills, experience of fundraising best practices.
Closing Date: Wednesday 28th November 2018
Interviews: Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th December 2018
To apply send your CV and covering letter to Leigh Stanford firstname.lastname@example.org. For an informal chat about the role please contact SAVE Director Henrietta Billings email@example.com or 020 7253 3500